Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Exam

Phew. My first exam in 5 years is over and done with and I can go back to my regularly scheduled life. Which is focussed on robot knitting for the next few weeks, since it looks like the Grs will be having their twins any time now. Knit knit, march march, my little robot army.

Yesterday saw the unveiling of the "We Like to Eat" cookbook/zine full of recipes that have appeared at various CCTC/PTCC potlucks. It debuted at our week-late Shrove Tuesday pancake staff meeting. We do like to eat. Some good stuff in there, most of which I can't eat now that I'm on my precious diet.

I'm mostly happy because it means I've conquered the layout of a chapbook-style booklet in Publisher, and figured out how to print it properly (and collate it!) on the photocopier. That made me want to write down everything I've ever thought, staple it together and attack it with a bone folder.

Realistically, it may mean exerpts from the manuscript I'm working on for the reading on the 24th.

3 comments:

Jennifer Jane Whiteford said...

First of all...Learning to collate on the photocopiers changed my life. I can't believe I went so many years not doing it.

Secondly...Where is your reading on the 24th?

J.

Jennifer Jane Whiteford said...

Oh, and congratulations on surviving your exam. My students had one too and they were CRAZY over it. Most people did well, though.

J.

Asteroidea Press said...

It's part of the Talented Tongues reading - I guess I better get some details for that, eh?

I think it's at venus envy, though.