Friday, November 17, 2006

Uses for Binder Clips - Swedish for Broken

My dish drainer has been doing me pretty faithful service since I moved into my second Preston Street apartment over two years ago. This week, its ghost started to give up, and one morning the dishes were a little tilty and the staple holding the left hand side together was gripping by its staple tips.

I *could* throw this one out and replace it - after all, these things cost about $7 or $8. But why should I, when god invented binder clips?

Thanks to David Scrimshaw, for showing me the binder clip way. I hope he is as pleased as I am with my contribution to his series.

3 comments:

grace said...

Megan, that is one artfully arranged dish drainer. Your next career can be as a high-falutin' stylist for a dish drainer trade magazine.

Anonymous said...

Rest assured, I am delighted!

Asteroidea Press said...

Artfully arranged? No, no! That's what my dish drainer always looks like. Really.

But do you think they'd also let me style a wiki wiki ham bake?

David, I'm so glad you approve! I have another idea, but we'll see if it comes to fruition.