Thursday, November 02, 2006

Modifications

Long-time readers will notice I’ve made a few changes around here. I’d love to hear what you think.

Banner: I’m not happy with the lack of contrast between the title and the starfish, but haven’t been able to figure out how to make that so, and haven’t had the time to really futz with it. So it’s under construction, but do you like where it’s going?

Font: Where do you all weigh in on the great serif vs. sans-serif debate? I’m a fan of serifs, myself, but if 90% of you find the new font hard to read, I’ll change it back.

Comment Moderation: I’ve turned this on. So if you post a nasty comment, rest assured that I will still see it and have a shitty day. Rest assured that no one else will.

Coming Soon: According to my statcounter, most of you are using a pretty high resolution screen. So in the next week or so, you’re likely to see things get a little wider around here.

Maybe Coming Soon: To jazz things up, I’m hoping start posting more pictures. Everyone likes pictures, right? And my next tattoo appointment is in just over a week. I know there were a few fans of those out there, but what else do you want pictures of? Nothing dirty, just to head that off at the pass.

6 comments:

Andrea... said...

I like it all, and good call on the comment moderation.

More pictures would be rad.... I like all kinds, but I am especially fond of food, crafting projects (I was a big fan of your knitted robots)and yourself, obviously. It's all good.

~Andrea

Anonymous said...

A non-shitty comment: My morning ritual at work usually consists of frequenting my 10 favorite blogs. This is one of them.

As for the modifications; I like where the banner is headed, prefer the sans, and pictures of tattoos are always admirable.

Anonymous said...

Serif - yes!

The banner - the starfish are cute, but I'm disappointed that "asteroidea" is not about outer space.

More pictures - Sure, but don't skip a posting because you've no photo. We're here for your words.

Anonymous said...

I agree with David on the cosmic vs starfish theme, but disagree on the serif. I find sans serif easier to read on screen, but maybe I just need glasses. (Who am I kidding? I definitely need glasses.) When you get the wider display, is there any chance you would consider nudging the font size up a notch? Pictures would be good, but you don't need them - your words are worth a thousand pictures.

Anonymous said...

i love the starfish and the contrast is excellent. pictures or no pictures, i'm here for the writing.
xo
s

Asteroidea Press said...

Thanks everyone- all those comments brightened my day!

I think I'll go back to sans serif, but maybe put the titles in serif.

As for pictures, this is never going to be a photo blog, but I'll just add some here and there for some visual stimulation.

Asteroidea is a class of animals (comprised entirely of starfishes) in the Phylum Echinodermata. I like this site because it's got pretty pictures and charts.

Tree of Life Web Project : Asteroidea