Friday, August 18, 2006

Spencer Krug is My New Fake Boyfriend

I have decided that, instead of having stupid crushes on real people, or real crushes on stupid people, I should get a fake crush. Much easier to navigate.

Right now, my current listening obsession is Wolf Parade.

This is a match made in heaven. Hello, cute singer! Hello, clever songwriter! Hello, keyboard player! Hello new fake boyfriend.

Now, it’s been a while since I’ve had a fake boyfriend, and I’m a little rusty. But I do believe it involves creating some barely plausible daydream about us meeting and him falling desperately in love with me at first sight, and me being sort of cool to start, but then being pulled in by his obvious ardour and good taste in women.

I seem to remember it also involves the ownership of at least one picture of him that I can gaze at adoringly when I think no one is watching.

Hmm. That turned my stomach. I may not be up for this after all.

No comments: