Saturday, February 18, 2006

Date/Not Date

I think I have a crush on a girl. It's a baby crush, at that point where I'm not sure if it's butterflies or discomfort making me awkward around her. Could go either way at this point. It's someone I'd only briefly met before two weeks ago, but now run into all the times, it seems. She's sweet, smart. And hot.

So what then? Ask her for coffee? Wouldn't be out of the way, but the tricky negotiations of date/not date. When you already have a partner, it's usually good to be as clear as you can about what your intentions are as soon as possible. But what if you're not clear. I've had a string of not dates turn into retrospective dates after we ended up naked. Hell, that describes the start of half my relationships.

I often wish that I were a queer man. They seem to be able to access sex with relative ease. But that may just be grass is greener fantasizing.

And if you know the right dykes...

I'm off to visit my friend Sarah in Toronto next weekend to attend one of her infamous sex parties. I've been to one before, and many of the people reading probably remember the couple tales it spawned. Check out the poems section. Oh, you lovely boy.

However, I do wish there were better names than "sex party" or, worse yet, "orgy" for events like this. I hate saying (or typing) both those. How 'bout love in? Three floor fuck scene? Help me here, people.

2 comments:

Jennifer Jane Whiteford said...

Hey, I'm going to Toronto this weekend too. Any chance you're leaving on the Saturday 7AM bus and returning on the Monday 9:30 AM bus? Yeah...probably not.

J.

Asteroidea Press said...

Sadly, as you can see above, I'm not going at all. Poor Mike and his bloody nose. Have fun at the shower!