Sunday, January 22, 2006

How much is this fruit?

If I had a digital camera, I would post the perfect pictures of my filigreed street. I took some with my filmic camera, and can't wait to get them developed to send to my friend Wendy in California.* If it weren't for the soggy feet and lack of circulation to my extremities, I'd be quite happy for it to be like this all year.

Having a slow-brain weekend. Did some errands at the Herb on Bank St., where one of my goals was to buy lemons for my water jug at work this week. I made a beeline for the lemons, noted they were 60 cents each, then noticed that some other lemons were grouped in little baggies. A deal! I loves me a deal. I picked up the bag, squeezed the fruit, tried to figure out if they were too soft even for a deal and then noticed the price: $2. Looked up at the 60 cent sign, then back down at the lemons I was cupping in my hands, then back up at the sign, then back down at the lemons. It's possible I would have done that for a lot longer if Jen Whiteford hadn't interrupted the cycle. I believe she hauled me back from the brink of a brain-wormhole.

Turns out the special soft lemons were sweet lemons with smooth skin. Who wants a sweet lemon? And it's not like I'm licking the peel or anything.

I could write about the election, but what the fuck is there to say except what the fuck? Are we really about to elect a prime minister who is anti-same-sex marriage, pro-capital punishment, might re-open the abortion debate and seems to be filled with disdain for anyone who isn't white and a man and rich? You miss one of those and you don't meet Stephen Harper's perfection trifecta and fuck you anyway.

Tomorrow night during the election, I will be giving a workshop on women's orgasms. After that's over, I shall have to find a big pile of sand into which I can stick my head


*When I met her last August, she bought a winter coat: a thin leather jacket with thin zip-out lining. "I'll only have to use the lining once or twice a year," she said. I goggled, thinking of my 2 inch thick puffy that keeps me mostly warm on the coldest days.

No comments: