Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Everything at Once

The Canadian Council for Tobacco Control, the good people who allow me to pay my rent and buy fancy new Matt & Nat accessories* are launching a website on Monday. I use the third person, but really, since I am in charge of wrangling this damned freaky-deaky database and concomitant website, if feels like I am launching this website on Monday. Dude, it's stressing me out. The poor Beard has been patiently bearing the brunt of my short tempered "Fine, that's just fine, whatever. I don't care. I'm in a bad mood, you know" tantrums.

On the up side, I'm going on a date tomorrow night. With a boy! It feels very odd. But he's lovely and cute, and he asked. Hopefully I will not be a bitch on my date. Yes, it makes much more sense to save my vile bratty behaviour for my partner.

This makes for a very busy week, especially since Saturday is the Beard's birthday, which is going to involve some late night carousing for this early bird. All he's asked for this year is that I stay awake to close down the bar with him on Friday night/Saturday morning. Not much to ask, but my god, it'll take the most out of me.

*Matt & Nat, your logo sucks my ass. And not in the good, protected, "oooh, she's tossing my salad some good" kind of way. No. In the stupid unthinking heterosexist kind of way. But I got desperate and bought the wallet anyway, then picked off most of the MAN and WOMAN. Now I am the proud owner of a thread-trailing mummy wallet.

As an aside to this aside: "Oh, I can't believe I didn't think of that, and after my courses in women's studies!" as a initial response followed by total lack of any other response is not a good way of building business. I've been in women's studies courses with people like you, trying to decide whether it would be better to poke out my own eyes or yours.

No comments: