Saturday, December 10, 2005

wasting time online

Yeesh. People and their spelling mistakes.

I'm having a lovely Saturday evening, waiting for my Beard to get off work at midnight. Supposed to be writing, but really, I'm cruising around the internet reading blogs, downloading music, trying to pick up boys and girls.

Limewire has become my new guilty pleasure. I feel kinda bad, because I am stealing music, and I, indie rock widow lo these past three years, should know how much musicians give up to put their music out. At least the musicians I want to download. Fugazi are not relaxing poolside, rolling in dirty corporate money. I assume, anyway.

My songlist is up to about 10 and I'm all excited like I just got myself a new toy, except this toy was free, which appeals to my tightfisted nature. And not only is it a free new toy, but it's a free new toy that surprises me every 3 minutes or so, because I've got a bunch of songs in there by groups I only sort of know. Like Mirah.

Mirah? Aie, and there's my problem. See, seems that some people think that Mariah is spelled m-i-r-a-h.

The next song starts with thumping bass. Hm, not the right bass tone for Fugazi or Against Me! Not syncopated enough for Kings of Leon. Too throbby for Mirah. Well, maybe it's that Yeah Yeah Yeahs song I couldn't remember having heard before.

And then *that voice* starts. Like someone jammed a needle in my ear, right into the pain centre. Or threw a spider at me.

Serves me right for not getting down to business and working on that new chapbook I should have done by the next decade.

Yeah, about that. Bye.

ps. I love Fugazi. I'd forgotten, but now I am going to go out and buy every album of theirs I can find. Oh! his voice! that round round bass sound! Soothes my soul.

No comments: