Friday, July 29, 2005

OPL

Spent some time in the Main Branch of the public library yesterday. Sat in the teen section, the only table with a clear view of a clock, down at the end of a bank of computers on the second floor.

I've been there 10 minutes maybe, when I look up and there's a very bearded man striding towards me purposefully, fast past the computers. Yikes, I think, yikes.

Besides the beard, he's got long hair, jeans cut off at the knees (not quite shorts, not quite pants), and is wearing a Royal Oak t-shirt tucked in under a fanny pack. He makes an abrupt turn, huffs into an armchair, pulls a bag of pickle chips out of his bag, and starts fishing around under the chair. Oh boy, I think, oh boy.

And he pulls out one of those long thin comic strip books. Garfield, I think first, but then snoop and catch a glimpse of Snoopy, so later Peanuts is a better guess. He was digging both the chips and the comics.

No comments: