Friday, December 07, 2007

Another Night, Another Art Show

Andrew Farrell was my upstairs neighbour for almost a year and a half. He is a genuine, warm, nice, funny, sweet guy. And a kick ass artist.

I've only been to one of his other shows: Still My Eyesore. It was mainly large oil paintings of the City Centre building, an ugly decrepit building near where we used to live. I've always loved it. And so has Andy, though I didn't know till I walked in that night; we had never discussed it.

I was overwhelmed when I saw the paintings. They were infused with the exact feeling I have for the City Centre. Protective pity. A steeliness and fuck you running through it. I cried.

His current show is called Massive Nights. The vernissage has already started as I write this, but is going till 10:30. If you get the chance, go tonight. If you don't get the chance, then you've got till January 15th to get your tuchis to ArtGuise.



I stole this jpg from the Facebook event. I hope that's okay. If someone doesn't like it, just let me know and I'll take it down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I intend to go see the show during the next week or so.