Thursday, June 14, 2007

Computers, Faugh

As I was leaving the Even's show this evening, and that should really be a post in its own right, I ran into Mark, a friend of Eric's. We had a normal conversation and ended with me saying "Well, I should get home because I have stuff to do to get ready to go visit my folks tomorrow."

"What do you have to do?" he asked.

"Oh, you know. Tidy. Pack. Sync my iPod."

"That's all? Don't you just plug it in and go away?"

"Well, I got this new computer, and I'm going to have to install software and drivers and stuff."

"Don't you just hit next next next next?"

As I type, my iPod is almost finished syncing. It's been over an hour I've been at this. Because I let my antivirus/firewall software lapse. So I had to download that before downloading other stuff. And strangely, the safety software caused my computer to give me the blue screen of death.

So I had to reboot and hope for the best.

And then download a new java blah blah and then new iPod blah blah updates and then had to set up a playlist for the ipod to sync too and try to pick the 500 songs that I am sure I am going to want to hear on the 4.5 hour bus ride to the Scarborough Town Centre, where either Eric or my mom will pick me up.

It's 11:26 and I am gritty-eyed.

As always, off to Stouffville means no blogging. I'm still not sure if my Mom's found this. But to be on the safe side, quiet quiet.

When I return: hometown recap and a review of the surprisingly good Even's show.

No comments: