Thursday, February 08, 2007

My Turn

It was bound to happen. Between 90% of my coworkers having been sick last week or this week, and making out with a cute boy with a cold, it seemed unlikely that I was going to escape being sick. So here I am at home, with a sore throat and a head full of stuffing.

The brilliant thing about being sick today is that my page-a-day grammar calendar came yesterday, and I have about a month and a half of Common Errors in English to go through. Highly entertaining and something I can do cozied up in my bed. I might also have a bath and will most likely sleep some more.

And then I'm going to drag my ass to get tattooed, because I figure that my head doesn't have to be clear to have needles jabbed into my tender flesh. For those of you who have been following along, tonight is the last appointment. The whale has been finished for a while, but I wanted to wait for the finishing touches and post photos of the whole thing. By the end of the weekend, I hope.

*

I am finding it much harder than I thought to not write about dating. So here's a mini-date update.

The Saturday night date was not a hot date. As I wrote to him on Monday, he's a handsome dude and very nice. But if there's no chemistry, there's no chemistry. He agreed.

My Friday night date, though, we need a laboratory and safety goggles.

Of course, this has me thinking a lot about dating in general, and getting to know someone new, and what I've done wrong in the past, and how fucked up relationships can get, and how scary it is to actually like someone and feel that back from them, but what a high it is too. And how to enjoy the high without losing your head so that in four years you're not picking shards of your heart out of the carpet.

No comments: