Sunday, January 15, 2006

Honour to be Nominated

Tuesday was a banner day.

The second best part was being interviewed by Andrea for a radio piece she's doing about writers' blogs. It was going to be about poets blogs, but as she put it "poets are writers." And who's going to listen to a piece about poetry blogs except other poets? So she interviewed me, John W. MacDonald, Stephen Rowntree, and someone whose name I can't remember.

Anyway, the interview was fun and Andrea seems smart and has killer hair. She also reminded me a bit of an acquaintance named Lisa, who I believe also plays the banjo.

Both MacDonald and Rowntree actually post poetry with some frequency. Put me to shame, they do. That got me feeling guilty enough to actually buckle down and write something, which I then promise to post for you all to comment on.

And that leads me into the other thing I learned through this interview: apparently people actually do read this. So far I know that Jen, Susie, Greg, David, and Rowan read this. But I've mostly been writing randomly and figuring that no one really knows about it.

Now the pressure's on.

2 comments:

Stephen Rowntree said...

Piercings, I had a client (I worked as an addiction counselor with homeless men, and those on the verge, 4 burnt-out years) who had one of those King James' or Rupert's, or whatever they're called, and when he had it 'out', for cleaning or polishing, who knows?, he said his micturations roostertailed in every which direction.

As for me, ear pierced in 1979, by a Jeweler, other ear in 1987 after Remembrance Day. Post some poetry, or whatnot's, I'm eager to read your stuff.

Stephen

Anonymous said...

I nominate YOU, Megan, as a fab interviewee. And thanks for sharing the Roasted Cherry coffeehouse with me; I have been craving their soup since I left.

Piercings: Just the ears. In total I've had five, but am now down to two. Recently got a new tattoo on my upper back to make up for it. I happily await more musings on your blog, in whatever form they come.

Andrea